jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What type of community service or volunteer work are you involved in?

1. Turtlewoman profile image95
    Turtlewomanposted 5 years ago

What type of community service or volunteer work are you involved in?

2. OFlannagain profile image59
    OFlannagainposted 5 years ago

I work as the Admin Officer for a program called Trojan's Trek ( www.trojanstrek.com ) which is older Veterans helping younger Veterans.

3. profile image33
    amisytaraposted 5 years ago

I worked in a Nursing home when i was sophomore.

4. Timothy Donnelly profile image60
    Timothy Donnellyposted 5 years ago

1.) Monthly volunteer work at The Bishop's Storehouse (Etobicoke, Ontario Canada), which is essentially a food bank run by the L.D.S. church. This charitable service is located in many (but not all) different countries and regions where The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is set up. In regions where a Bishop's Storehouse is not set up, "Members-in-Need" receive necessary care-packages directly through the offices of their Bishop or Stake President, as per their delegation of the care.
    2.) Several hours and days volunteer work at The Working Centre (Kitchener, Ontario Canada) Computer Recycling Department. Old computers, donated from various sources, are cleaned (including a through wipe-out of all Hard-drives with three runs of DBAN software; broken Hard-drives are physically destroyed by Drilling a ΒΌ inch hole through them), refurbished and sold at fireside rates to Low-income members of the community. Other computers are disassembled and have their various metal and plastic parts sorted for shipment and recycling at the appropriate venue.