jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have you forgiven your friends/family for any mistake on their part?

1. remaniki profile image80
    remanikiposted 6 years ago

Have you forgiven your friends/family for any mistake on their part?

I always feel (and have experienced it too) that forgiving your friends/family for wrong-doing leaves them to regret their folly and prevent them from repeating it. Especially when it is your enemy that you forgive, they are put to shame and it is highly likely that the enemy turns into a friend too. What do you think?

2. profile image49
    babithababaposted 6 years ago

Sorry , till date , no such occasion popped up in my life .

3. pstraubie48 profile image86
    pstraubie48posted 6 years ago

Yes. I have and it took a long time. The other person did not acknowledge that they had done anything 'wrong' so it made it difficult to move on. However, I found that by allowing this to go unforgiven, it was causing a stumbling block in my life.

Forgiving is not something someone else can tell you to do, either. I can go on and on telling someone how cathartic it is but unless one is ready to forgive, all of my words fall on deaf ears. It must be a personal decision of when and under what circumstances for it to be a true feeling of forgiveness.

I agree that sometimes the individuals become friends after the forgiveness occurs but that did not happen in this case. And I am fine with it as I was able to move on and so were they. That to me was the important element for both of us.

4. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

nope and i never will. i don't hold it against them in the sense that i hate them but i never forgive people who do me wrong.

5. blessedp profile image80
    blessedpposted 6 years ago

Yes! I have and it brought me peace and comfort. 
    Forgiveness brings healing to wounds that we can't see.  It is hard to forgive at times but if you ask God to help you and you have it done you will see the peace this will bring to your mind and your heart.  Unforgiveness brings added stress and cause different ailment to consume your body.

click on the link below and read
    http://www.buzzle.com/articles/anger-an … -poem.html

Hope this will help.

working