jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you allow your child to decide, if they want to participate in sports or not?

1. ShootersCenter profile image74
    ShootersCenterposted 5 years ago

Do you allow your child to decide, if they want to participate in sports or not?

2. Moon Daisy profile image84
    Moon Daisyposted 5 years ago

Yes of course.  No point doing it if it's not fun. smile

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Of course, why would a parent force a kid into sports?  I had one child who was not interested in sports and one who was - so I let them decide if they wanted to participate. It worked out well for both.

4. GDiBiase profile image82
    GDiBiaseposted 5 years ago

Yes, it is totally up to the child if they want to play sports or not. Its important to have a child be involved in that they enjoying being involved in. If a child is forced into playing sports, it may be a waste of their time as well as yours.

5. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

yes, i let my children choose the sports they like to learn. My daughter wanted to learn swimming, enrolled her into a swimming course. She swam well but her shoulder became broad. Now, she stopped swimming and not interested in any other sports. We didn't push her either.

6. ShootersCenter profile image74
    ShootersCenterposted 5 years ago

My grandson's father tries to force him into baseball because his brother is a college coach, he's only 4. He hates playing 3 days a week it's just too much for a kid his age, but I think my daughter finally is going to put a stop to it. I told them he'll play sports when he wants to probably when he gets older and his friends are playing.

working