What is your favorite childhood memory of your Mother?

1. Diane Woodson profile image62
    Diane Woodsonposted 5 years ago

What is your favorite childhood memory of your Mother?

This is anything about your Mother when you were growing up, it could be funny, sad, inspiring or whatever your memory makes you feel!

2. Bonitaanna profile image78
    Bonitaannaposted 5 years ago

I cannot talk about that very well, because of her abusiveness,  only because I have racked my brains and cannot come up with something to say nice. She abandoned me when I was a teenage unwed mother. She did not come to any of my 3 births or surgerys. She never came to either one of my weddings.  She quit talking to me for a total of 24 years. She would not call me on the phone. If I wanted to speak to her I had to call her long distance, or go see her.  I took my grandchildren to see her for the first time after I flew from PA to CA and drove 3 hours. They were 4, and 6 years old.  Yet she and Dad would drive through Reno every year and not stop to meet them, instead they would take in a show or something.  She and DAd died and were not speaking to me.  I spent a month visiting my Mom in the hospital before she died.  She did not talk to me!  Now I struggle with it constantly, especially when I watch storys on tv that have anything to do with Mom and daughters or Dads and Daughters or Unwed Teens, and our television is full of it now! I wrote a hub about it and I was told it was too painful to delete it.

3. meditatio profile image61
    meditatioposted 5 years ago

Her perfume !
    There was a perfume she was wearing when I was a baby and years later, she resumed wearing that perfume all of a sudden. She was asking me how it was on her and I told her that I already smelled that perfume on her, though it was a long time ago. She said I could not possibly remember because I was a baby. But I did. And I'll remember it forever.