jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is your favorite childhood memory?

1. theryanpride profile image79
    theryanprideposted 4 years ago

What is your favorite childhood memory?

2. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Yearly family gatherings, summer trips, visiting friends, reading books, riding bikes around the neighborhood, etc.

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 4 years ago

I have so many favourites that it's hard to pick one. These are from the early 1950s.  I will go with sitting on dad's knee in Paragon station, Kingston upon Hull, and watching the mighty steam engines pull in and thunder out, or sitting on the fish dock, watching the trawlers come in.  Equally, Going to the Land of Green Ginger covered market, Kingston upon Hull, and having fish, chips,and peas with me mum.

4. EJ Lambert profile image73
    EJ Lambertposted 4 years ago

One that sticks out to me is back when I was 12-years old.  I played little league baseball.  My dad was the head coach of my team, the Astros, and we were playing one of the powerhouses of the league, the Mariners.  It was Father's Day and I was pitching.  The first at bat of the game I threw the pitch and the kid smacked the ball right back at me.  Out of sheer reflex I got my glove up and somehow caught it for the first out.  One might say this settled me down a little.  Over the next few innings the game was close.  We soon took the lead midway through.  At one point I expected my dad to take me out since he usually did so to keep my arm from getting sore.  It was strange when he kept me in past the fifth inning.

As we neared the end of the game we had a comfortable lead.  I also had a good day batting too, getting a couple of base hits and even picked off a base runner when on the mound.  When I got the last batter out to clinch the game, I was so happy.  It was the first time I'd ever gone the distance, and to do it against a good team felt that much better.  We shook hands with the Mariner players and right as I'm about to turn towards our dugout the umpire walks up and says, "Hey, you pitched an excellent game."  That was pretty cool.

It wasn't until a little later that I found out I'd thrown 13 strikeouts and been responsible for 15 of the 21 outs overall.  We went out for pizza afterwards.  It was a good day.