jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Do you and your family pray together?

1. Virtuous1 profile image61
    Virtuous1posted 5 years ago

Do you and your family pray together?

As a family I believe that families are to pray and have devotions together. When my daughter was in school one of the things I did the whole time was pray for her while she was in school. Pray that she remembers what was taught to her. Pray for protection and guidance. It is true a family who pray together stays together. Not to say you don't encounter problems but you know how to handle them much better.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6825447_f260.jpg

2. cyclrmom profile image76
    cyclrmomposted 5 years ago

My husband and I pray together occassionally, not everyday sadly. Our children are grown and gone but we pray a serenity prayer together almost daily, we pray at meals when we eat together and feel the need, and we pray for others (family members, friends, kids etc.) when we feel they have a special need, and when we are stressed . When we are having difficulties, financial, emotional or just struggling with things, we invite God into the equation and He usually works it out better than we could have imagined.
    If people were really honest with themselves, I'm sure many more of us pray to a Higher Power, God as I call Him, then maybe would readily admit.  Hang someone over a cliff and if they haven't been praying, I bet he/she might start.
    But I don't think of God as a sugar daddy we pray and ask to give us our every desire either.  There's the saying, be careful what you pray for, might get it-- and not be what you really wanted or have more troubles of it's own. 
    We usually try to ask for God's will in a situation especially if we don't know how to solve it.
    Things I think parents can pray for with children:
    their children's safety
    children's future spouses(they realize God's in that choice too then)
    children's spirtual lives
    other family members, parents, siblings
    With older children:
    friends with health issues/deaths
    social issues facing our country
    concerns the children feel strongly about.

Virtuous1posted 5 years agoin reply to this

you are so right about the cliff if a perosn never prayed before I bet they will start than.

3. Dr Pooja profile image60
    Dr Poojaposted 5 years ago

Most of the days I  pray with my kids especially before bed to thank God for each day he has given to us and for strength to carry on .There is a small devotional prayer in my mother tongue which we say every night.Wish I can do this everynight so that children also incorporate it into their lives once they grow up

Virtuous1posted 5 years agoin reply to this

For me I look at prayer as being very vital to my living if I don't pray i can't handle things in life when I pray I can handle things.

working