jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

At what age does a child lose innocence?

1. Vegas Elias profile image28
    Vegas Eliasposted 5 years ago

At what age does a child lose innocence?

When children under 2 years of age commit mistakes they normally do not inflict serious harm to anybody. However beyond the age of 2 years children are seen to think, plan and then inflict harm on other children or elders. Can this be condoned as innocent behavior or needs to be punished appropriately?

2. profile image32
    cmeprosperposted 5 years ago

I believe all situation and children are different.  So each situation and child should be dealt with in a different way.

3. profile image0
    Jade0215posted 5 years ago

It really depends on their age because children that are 5 are going to create less chaos than a 15 year old. Usually the older they get the worse the behavior can get and the more intentional their actions are. But then they're also into different activities so there's really no age that determines when a child loses their innocence. Also, not every kid is going to act out and cause problems.

4. Motherbynature profile image76
    Motherbynatureposted 5 years ago

I think it depends on what you perceive as innocence.  Personally, I equate innocence with naivety so in my case I don't think there is really an age. I think it depends on how many and what kinds of lessons life has taught a child. I know a handful of innocent adults who seem to still be learning the basics of life and haven't learned to trust their gut feeling about things. I also know plenty of kids who have experienced things (good and bad) that most children their age have not.

working