jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

I want to adopt a kitten but how much would it be?

1. Hannah Blomgren profile image52
    Hannah Blomgrenposted 5 years ago

I want to adopt a kitten but how much would it be?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

At any animal shelter you have to have it spayed or neutered. So probably around 50 dollars.

3. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

There are many cost factors to keep in mind anytime someone purchases ANY pet. There is the initial cost, shots, worming, spay/neuter, food, bowls, toys, crate, and bedding. Then you have to save money to put away for yearly check ups, ongoing shots, and aging needs. Ideally no one would ever purchase an animal without having around $1000 to purchase needed items, bills, then the rest put into savings. You never know when their will be an emergency.

1. peeples profile image94
      peeplesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Mark my answer down because you disagree but a good pet owner knows the cost of actually taking care of a pet!

2. xanzacow profile image71
      xanzacowposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think this is a good answer with a very logical approach. Too many people pick up a pet and then neglect all of the important aspects of pet care that you have mentioned. Voted up!

4. adawnmorrison profile image78
    adawnmorrisonposted 5 years ago

Shelters frequently are overrun with cats and often will have half-price sales on them or even give them away for a short period of time.  You may also find them being given away in the local paper.  Remember that the real expense with any pet actually comes in the food, vaccinations and ongoing veterinary care, including some unexpected health issues.

5. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

In Texas, it cost about 75 to adopt a kitten. However, I went to the shady section of Houston and found two kittens to adopt instead. They were free and entirely adorable. Their mother abandoned all four of them but the other two found homes.

working