jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why Would You Not Adopt A Real Child Rather Than Have A Dog Pet?

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

Why Would You Not Adopt A Real Child Rather Than Have A Dog Pet?

2. angela_michelle profile image98
    angela_michelleposted 7 years ago

Because children have many more needs,have many more emotions, are with you for the rest of your life (hopefully), and require a lot more responsibility. If you aren't ready to become a parent, then by all means you should get a dog.

3. Maria Cecilia profile image85
    Maria Ceciliaposted 7 years ago

because adopting a real child is not as easy as accepting a visitor in your house, It is something that must not be done especially if you don't feeli it in your heart .    a real dog lover will always have a dog whether he has a family and has plenty of children. so it should not be a case of choosing dogs over human.  I have dogs because I love dogs, if fate led me to a situation that I will need to adopt a real child, that would not mean that my dogs will need to go....
    some people said that my dogs can never take care of me when I get old that I must instead adopt child so I must have someone who will take care of me.. but  I don't want to adopt a person for that reason alone, I will adopt a real child if I can afford it and to give hope to the kid, not to oblige him or her to take care of me...  so I will stll have a dog no matter what

4. CathyandDaveAdopt profile image58
    CathyandDaveAdoptposted 7 years ago

Cathy and I have three bassets. We love them to death. Unfortunately, not one of them has figured out the opposable thumbs challenge; or, the ablility to literally speak. Most of our conversations are pretty one-sided.

We have two neices - 14 and 10 - and a nephew - 9 - and they're pretty good at conversation and Monopoly.

That's what we're looking for from an adoption.

working