jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Which is better when you have kids, leather or cloth car interior?

1. chrissieklinger profile image90
    chrissieklingerposted 5 years ago

Which is better when you have kids, leather or cloth car interior?

2. Brainy Bunny profile image94
    Brainy Bunnyposted 5 years ago

I love the leather sets in my car; they wipe clean, unlike cloth seats. When my son was a baby, he did stain some spots with his milk sippy cup, but the spots came out last year when I had my car professionally detailed. The seats are easier to brush crumbs off of, too.

3. Lin02 profile image53
    Lin02posted 5 years ago

Always cloth car interior. It is not that hot and your child's skin doesn't get affected.

4. rutley profile image74
    rutleyposted 5 years ago

Kids pretty much always have accidents that ruin your seats at some point!
    Mom of five here!

1. jemross profile image54
      jemrossposted 5 years agoin reply to this

for cleanliness, leather! you can always put a blanket over it so you can wash it, but if it's cloth, it can stain. leather for me!

5. Rfordin profile image82
    Rfordinposted 5 years ago

I'm going with leather on this one. By the time your child is "sitting" on the actual leather seats they are much less likely to have accidents (all the freaking time). When their little is when the accidents are frequent. Sooo....leather when their young and cloth when they graduate to less of a mess. smile

1. chrissieklinger profile image90
      chrissieklingerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

my kids are 12 and 9 and with soccer they still seem to make the car a mess all the time. We travel so much, some weeks we are in our car more than our house it seems. I am really leaning towards leather being better.

working