jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Are you close to your cousins?

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

Are you close to your cousins?

2. lrc7815 profile image87
    lrc7815posted 5 years ago

Families are strange sometimes.  I am not particularly close to any cousins on my mother's side, although I like them well enough.  We don't spend time together unless someone dies.  On my father's side of the family, I have three cousins.  One I am very close to and adore.  One I enjoy a lot but rarely get to see.  And, one that I have no relationship with at all and don't want one either.  The dynamics in families is a mystery and sometimes I think it is more likely related to DNA.  Perhaps our genetic make up determines who we are attracted/attached to.  Your question is thought provoking.

3. padmendra profile image47
    padmendraposted 5 years ago

I do not have a closed cousin in my family  except a distant cousin  who is not closely related to me. My experience in this regard be treated as 'nothing'.

4. 34th Bomb Group profile image59
    34th Bomb Groupposted 5 years ago

As kids we were close to our cousins on both sides, especially my Dads side. My Mother's were either not here +/or peculiar.
    As adults we remained close until our Grandparents died when it fell off a bit. When our parents died I thought that would be the literal death knell. It was for a while until each family's eldest, including me, said this would NOT stand.
    We worked at it & we're all very close now.
    As I write this I'm watching one cousin's son hammer Russia in Men's Volleyball. We're very lucky.
    Back to the game!!
    P.S. Matt Anderson,  #1

1. Gypsy Willow profile image79
      Gypsy Willowposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Just watching him. He's awesome!

2. 34th Bomb Group profile image59
      34th Bomb Groupposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you and, to top it all off, he's a kind, caring young man!

5. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Not too close. I see them once a year. It is when we get together for New Years and enjoy each other's company. Our family has always had that time together since my grandmother pulled it together before I was born.

working