jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What are some tips on handling the grabby stage with my son?

1. MamaBambie profile image61
    MamaBambieposted 5 years ago

What are some tips on handling the grabby stage with my son?

He is obsessed with my computer and phone I had to fight him off (and am still doing so) while I was writing my Hub.

2. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

It's just a phase. They eventually stop.

3. Keita Hargis profile image60
    Keita Hargisposted 5 years ago

Well I don't have any boys, but when my girls were at that stage, it took a while but they do grow out of it. In my experience though, if you find something that catches there interest and attention more than your phone or computer, they'll focus on that. For my youngest daughter; a home made hand puppet of a dragon caught her attention more when she saw me being focused on it, so she stopped grabbing my books and started wanting the puppet. It's all about being creative when it comes to parenting.

4. WryLilt profile image92
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Put everything out of reach. Far, far out of reach. For the next five years.

5. profile image0
    danielabramposted 5 years ago

Give him a toy to grab on to and occupy him.

6. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

it is all part of growing up. you have to baby-proof your home the best you can but other then that, let him grab things that won't hurt him. it's part of learning. my daughter is 6.5 months old and she is getting into the same thing. i love it personally. her curiousity is amazing.

7. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Relax and know this is a learning stage.  Embrace every minute, every time you have to untangle your hair from his fist or the phone from his hand.  It will all pass so very quickly so laugh and enjoy.  Move things out of reach when you can but seriously...it passes so fast --the blink of an eye.

You might try getting him a little toy with push buttons so he can play on it like you on your computer.