jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do you prefer a big family or a small family?

1. hawaiiangirl profile image61
    hawaiiangirlposted 5 years ago

What do you prefer a big family or a small family?

2. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I would have loved to have two more children if I had a different personality.  As an only child I was genuinely stunned to find that siblings fight--constantly.  So while I loved raising my kids, another two personalities in the house might have done me in!

3. Mom Kat profile image80
    Mom Katposted 5 years ago

I have a large family.  I have 6 of my own children, plus 2 step children, a hubby, 2 dogs, and a rabbit.

When I was little I always dreamed of having a large family.  I remember sitting in my room when I was 12 years old planning out how many kids I would have, what their names would be, and in what order they would be born in... lol... boy was I off!   
    But, my dream came true because I now have the big family I always wanted & I love them!

4. kimberlie33 profile image60
    kimberlie33posted 5 years ago

I had the best of both worlds. In my family, it was just me and my brother, but I have a rather large extended family on either side of my gene pool. I think they both have their advantages, but I loved my big family growing up. It was never lonely. As an adult, my husband and I only have one child, but we open our home to  his nieces and nephews on occasion (he is one of nine children with an incredibly large extended family). I have to say its nice when they come stay and most of the time, I really enjoy having them here. I wish we had a bigger family for ourselves. So I guess my answer is going to be big family. I like having lots of people around on a regular basis.

5. ThePracticalMommy profile image94
    ThePracticalMommyposted 5 years ago

I'd have to say a big family. When I use the word 'family' I generally mean all of my immediate and extended family: parents, four siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. We are always together, celebrating holidays, birthdays, or just because.

In my immediate family, there's four of us with one on the way. I'm super excited that my kids will have another sibling to grow up with.