jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Do you think it is good to have kids believing in Santa Clause?

1. Charity Squid profile image72
    Charity Squidposted 5 years ago

Do you think it is good to have kids believing in Santa Clause?

With all this hype parents make about Santa Clause with their kids, aren't they setting them up for a big disappointment when they get old enough to know that it was all a lie?

2. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Not entirely. I don't remember believing in Santa. Just doubting my parents from the moment my classmates said they watched their parents place the presents the year before.

3. LupitaRonquillo profile image79
    LupitaRonquilloposted 5 years ago

Absolutely not. I believe going along a Santa Clause twists and confuses kids learning about their Creator and can end up making them question their faith in God later in life. Mixing fairy tales with real life can give kids illusions in their head about what is real. Plus its a lie. Teaching kids to lie about the reality of someone for entertainment is basically what we are teaching our kids. Have you ever wondered mixing the letters in Santa, what do you get?? The bible is very clear about avoiding "believing" in other idols and images.

1. nightwork4 profile image60
      nightwork4posted 5 years agoin reply to this

how is believing in god part of real life? it has never even been proven in any shape or form that it exists.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

How many people do you know who worship Santa?

3. nightwork4 profile image60

about a billion or so little kids.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It is not the same as worship. I never worshipped Santa.

4. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

absolutely. many people believe in many things so why not Santa. they learn he isn't real soon enough and it gives them something to look forward to at x-mas. if it's ok to push some god on your kids, Santa should be ok too.

1. LupitaRonquillo profile image79
      LupitaRonquilloposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I disagree. Its simple, believing in God IS part of real life because He is REAL when you have faith in Him. If you don't, that is your choice in life.

2. nightwork4 profile image60

well prove he is real, as in not just something you have faith in.it shouldn't be that hard to prove something is real. i'll wait, no worries.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

Nothing wrong with kids believing in Santa Claus. I handled it okay, I never got upset about this harmless fiction, it's just a part of life.

6. fpointla profile image58
    fpointlaposted 5 years ago

Setting them up for disappointment?  Centuries of adults have gotten over that disappointment with no ill effects.  It is precious and pure enjoyment to see a child excited about Santa.  They figure it out in their own time & that is the time to explain to them as well the true meaning of Christmas too.  Celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. That is when they are old enough to understand and appreciate that gifts are love from the heart, not Santa Claus.

working