jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Are you aware that April is Prevent Child Abuse month?

1. Hyphenbird profile image91
    Hyphenbirdposted 5 years ago

Are you aware that April is Prevent Child Abuse month?

Are you planning to participate in activities that raise awareness such as planting pinwheel gardens?

2. shanmarie profile image79
    shanmarieposted 5 years ago

I am now!  Well, that's all I really had to say, but HubPages made me make my answer longer in order to submit.

3. daydreamer13 profile image60
    daydreamer13posted 5 years ago

I didn't know about that but preventing child abuse is something that should be done every day!

1. shanmarie profile image79
      shanmarieposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Agreed!

4. Faith Reaper profile image88
    Faith Reaperposted 5 years ago

No, I was not aware.  I was only aware that it is National Poetry Month.  Thanks so much for bringing awareness to this important cause!!!  God bless you.

5. profile image0
    Sarra Garrettposted 5 years ago

I had no idea Hyphenbird but I'm sure glad you put this on HP.  I will definately get involved in some way.  Spreading the word about child abuse is a wonderful way to get involved, not to mention turning people in for obvious child abuse.  I wish schools would get more involved as well! (I'm sure there is some type of legal ramafication unfortuantely)  Bullying is a form of child abuse and there definately needs to be more done to stop this crime.

6. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Now I'm aware. Hmmm... What to do about this? Pinwheel gardens? How does that help anything? I was thinking of joining a mentoring children group, but sitting in my garden alone does not sound productive at all. Well, productive for myself.

1. Hyphenbird profile image91
      Hyphenbirdposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Iburmaster, the pinwheels are to draw attention to the issue of child abuse. They are planted in conspicuous places and signage is placed also. They are very productive and children love them so that is a secondary bonus.

2. lburmaster profile image82
      lburmasterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'd rather talk to them one-on-one and be there for them than give my neighbors a pretty sight. There are always flags in the yard, flowers, etc. Make it special just for them.

working