Why it is that many of our young people have disrespectful ways of addressing ea

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

Why it is that many of our young people have disrespectful ways of addressing each other with

such colloquialisms such as n-----------r, dog, pimp,and other less than positive names?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7896870_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

I've heard young women (playfully) call each other b*tches and wh*res. When I was growing up it was common for friends to put each other down for laughs in a group setting. In fact we often played "the dozens" where we made fun of each other's mothers. It was all for laughs. (unless someone got really pissed off)
    I suspect most of the "greetings" the youth uses today is in an effort to be "cool" or reflect the hip/hop music they're listening to. It is not intended to "disrespect" each other but rather to make them "(feel) the love".
    There has been and always will be a difference between how people communicate from one generation to the next and from the "inner city" to the suburbs. The youth is always looking for ways to "distinquish themselves" from the older adults.

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 5 years ago

There is absurd thought among many of them that it is funny to insult people, even having favourite insults, seeming to think that insulting someone shows a mature sense of humour.

working