How do you determine which child gets to do what chore and how do your schedule/

1. Same DiNamics profile image62
    Same DiNamicsposted 4 years ago

How do you determine which child gets to do what chore and how do your schedule/organize it?

I currently have my boys do chores/things as I tell them. We don't have a set schedule and I'm having a hard time decide who gets to do what based on age/height and ability to get the chore done.

2. webscripts profile image62
    webscriptsposted 4 years ago

First they should do things they can physically do. Once they feel good about helping and accomplishing the chore, they can switch or try others even if the chore is not ideal (and if you have more patience for it that day). This way it does not become boring and they can become better at too. In my house, I do chores during the week for simple upkeep (1-2 a day after they are in bed) and we all do chores together on Saturdays. This way, no one feels like they get the short stick or miss out on something a sibling is doing. They are younger though, so I guess this depends on age. Mine are under 6. At some point, they will have to learn they have a job to get done even when others are not. Right now, I'm just trying to associate chores with positive feelings.

3. WalterPoon profile image79
    WalterPoonposted 4 years ago

I would be democratic and let them choose which chore they want to do and when. With this method, part of the problem will have resolved itself. After they have selected, then only will I apportion the remainder. For these remaining tasks, I will ask them who wants to volunteer. If no one volunteers, then only will I decide who should do it. Have a timetable so that the tasks do not clash.