jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Is writing articles ever a chore for you?

1. Neerizzle profile image78
    Neerizzleposted 6 years ago

Is writing articles ever a chore for you?

My goal for now is to write at least one article every day, and so far I'm having fun since I'm fairly new. I have an overwhelming number of ideas that I want to write about. But I imagine after a while I'll be forcing myself to write. Do you write only when you're inspired or do you ever force yourself to write? Be honest.

2. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

Of course I force myself.  Heck, there are times I have to force myself just to get out of bed, let alone to write.

One of the things that makes it worth it, though, is knowing I'll be able to read what I wrote again...and again...and again.  Which I most certainly do, without shame.  It's like staring at myself in the mirror, only a lot prettier and not nearly as narcissistic.

Beats Spell Check, too.  Catch tons and tons of typos that way.

3. K. Burns Darling profile image83
    K. Burns Darlingposted 6 years ago

I've been writing for most of my life, and for me writing just seems to come naturally.  I do come up against writer's block occasionally, and forcing myself to write through the block can be agonizing, but I've also learned over the years to not try too hard to force it to go away.  Sometimes researching a story can be a bit of a chore, and meeting other people's deadlines can also seem like a chore sometimes, but overall, the actual writing is not a chore.

4. puru13 profile image42
    puru13posted 6 years ago

Well,The best way to make it nomore-a-chore is to write on things you are passionate about or things you do all day.Like these days I am quite into programming,so i am doing hubs on coding computers.

Just my two-cents..

5. seicheprey profile image61
    seichepreyposted 6 years ago

It certainly can be if I'm not selective about the subjects that I pick.  That's why I try to be as picky as possible, otherwise it truly becomes a pain.

6. jacqui2011 profile image85
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

I was full of enthusiasm when I joined HP and wrote loads in my first few weeks. I aimed at writing a hub every day, but this became impossible with work and family commitments. I have set myself a more realistic goal of 3/4 hubs per week which is much more achievable for me. I never tire of writing, but sometimes get a bit of a block trying to come up with different topics. I started carrying a notepad and pen with me wherever I go and I have at least another 30 topics to write about when I can fit them in! I never have to force myself to write as I enjoy it so much.

7. jessicaaleigh profile image59
    jessicaaleighposted 6 years ago

I don't force myself to write because I don't have to. It is a passion of mine and I love it dearly. When I don't feel like writing or don't feel inspired, I just simply wait. I feel like if I forced myself to do it, it would become too much of a "job" and I wouldn't enjoy it as much. smile

8. Rehana Stormme profile image81
    Rehana Stormmeposted 6 years ago

I would never want to force myself to write - If I did, I think it would show in my writing! The only thing that prevents me from writing is work (yes, corporate slavery). But I've set myself a realistic goal of writing 1 hub per week. Considering my circumstances, I think even 1 hub per week would be an achievement!

9. ytsenoh profile image86
    ytsenohposted 6 years ago

I marry myself to writing, so I don't feel it's something that needs forcing.  I don't see writing in the hubs or elsewhere a chore because I also love researching any subject.

10. smcopywrite profile image28
    smcopywriteposted 6 years ago

there will come a time or two where you have to meet a deadline and you just dont have it in you. this is true of anything. however, the best job is one where if you have an off day you dont have a deadline to meet.
    yes. there is a time when article writing is a chore. Though, these times are few and far between and the joy definitely outweighs any work you may feel when you enjoy writing

working