jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

I'm about to immigrate to winnipeg and heard winnipeg is the worst city of canad

1. ira1891 profile image61
    ira1891posted 4 years ago

I'm about to immigrate to winnipeg and heard winnipeg is the worst city of canada...is that true?

2. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

You can Google Winnipeg and check out crime statistics etc. But for someone to say that Winnipeg is the worst city on continent the size of Canada sounds like an exaggeration to me.

3. renegadetory profile image97
    renegadetoryposted 4 years ago

I was born and raised in Winnipeg and to the best of my knowledge there are far worse places to move to.  Winnipeg has been labelled "Winterpeg" because we get cold winters, but no colder than Saskatchewan or other prairie provinces.  We are also called the mosquito capital of canada, not sure why, but of the prairie provinces, Manitoba has several lakes north of Winnipeg which add to the often humid summers we would get, possibly more mosquitoes too.

There are some really excellent restaurants (here in Ottawa, most places just don't compare in my opinion), really well-priced houses, a good job market and a decent transit system.

If you have any other questions about Winnipeg, feel free to ask me.

1. ira1891 profile image61
      ira1891posted 4 years agoin reply to this

thanku so much smile n thank God atlast i found one just like i wished to inquire n know about winnipeg smile

2. renegadetory profile image97
      renegadetoryposted 4 years agoin reply to this

No problem! Anytime!

working