jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

How old were your children when you taught them to swim?

1. Availiasvision profile image82
    Availiasvisionposted 4 years ago

How old were your children when you taught them to swim?

2. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 4 years ago

I began to teach my son when he was one... and I'm still teaching him. He's three now, but he's getting the hang of it. Of course he's never alone in the water and I'm holding onto him in one way or another at all times.

3. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

We are a family that swims as much as possible. The first time they got in water they started the process. My youngest is now two and can swim with floaties on her arms and a life jacket on. We have a pool at home so teaching them how to swim is something that needs to be a first priority for us.

1. Availiasvision profile image82
      Availiasvisionposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That's fantastic that you are teaching your 2 year old to swim, which is very important for a pool owner to do.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

It just happened for our kids while playing in a wading pool - though at different times. They both realized, being relaxed in the water that they could float and it developed from there.  They both were about 5 I think.

5. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

My older son was scared of the water when he was little so we didn't force the issue until he was ready and he learned at 8 or 9.  My youngest just started this year because we got a pool.  He is 4 and is doing well with arm floaties to help him along.

working