What are some unique baby shower gift ideas?
Help! I'm going to a baby shower for a friend's daughter tomorrow. The mom-to-be is an artist so I'd like to get something unique or special for her soon-to-be-born baby boy. I was thinking maybe some beautifully illustrated children's books but am open to other suggestions. Any ideas?
children books is good idea.others are:-
1-get a potraite of a baby in sketching theme.
2-give her a statue of a baby decorated.
Here's some ideas:
1. Get the parents a nice baby album so they can record the steps in their child's life, and include some colored pencils, watercolors, or stamps so the mom can add her own artistic touch. My parents have baby albums for my sister and I. They are nice records and reminders of our early years.
2. Make a family tree for them or buy a blank tree that they can hang in the baby's room. Leave areas where they can add photos or sketches of each member of the family.
3. Make a diaper cake for the Mom, and add some children's books as a cake topper. There's a great tutorial on making diaper cakes here: http://www.babysavers.com/how-to-make-a … tutorials/
I'm sure she'll love whatever you give her
I never minded giving or getting a very special card. It is kind of expensive and was kind of a tradition with my first three children and friends. It comes from an old game called Monopoly.
The idea is this: You give them a "get out of jail free" card. It is very specific that it means that one or three times they can call you up and that is that --- you have got to get over there and help them out. One time I put 911 on card because that is the point. They just have to call and you have to come a running to bail them out. Once I had to cut a business meeting short just to go have tea!!!
Maybe a 20 year old prima gravada will not get it --- but they need it the most.
Once I had to babysit for four hours because the mommy looked in the mirror and thought she was ugly so my wife took her for a pecicure, manicure and hair style.
Unique yes but new mommies have it tough. And by Golly Jingles we should be there for them.
There are variety of baby gift items to choose from. Selecting it depends on your budget.
1. Baby care gift sets, gift baskets, hooded towels, baby albums are nice shower gifts.
2. Items like bouncer, baby gym, baby travel gears, nursery storage & organizers are very useful to newborns & parents both.
3. An artist mom, having aesthetic sense and creative skill, will surely love to get and admire a baby crib set or nursery decorating items to give a new look to the baby room. http://manjubose5.hubpages.com/hub/babyshowergift
by Emile R 6 years ago
We have been invited to a baby shower. Both men and women were invited. My husband is flabbergasted and says it is in bad taste (primarily because he doesn't want to go, I think). He says it is wrong.I say, why not? I'm actually relieved, since it probably means we won't have to play stupid parlor...
by manjubose5 7 years ago
Make a hub out of this. You won't get anything from it as a forum post.
by Anthony 7 years ago
What are some good, unique baby names for both boy and girl?
by Golfgal 7 years ago
What are the three best games to play at a baby shower?I am looking for fun, unusual party games for a baby shower. It is going to be a girl. No name games please.
by BJC 8 years ago
My friend is having a baby shower for her 17 year old daughter and I'm in charge of the games ! Any ideas would be appreciated!!
by dipsmi 5 years ago
Any suggestions for gifts for baby shower?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|