jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What are some unique baby shower gift ideas?

1. DeborahNeyens profile image98
    DeborahNeyensposted 4 years ago

What are some unique baby shower gift ideas?

Help! I'm going to a baby shower for a friend's daughter tomorrow. The mom-to-be is an artist so I'd like to get something unique or special for her soon-to-be-born baby boy. I was thinking maybe some beautifully illustrated children's books but am open to other suggestions. Any ideas?

2. profile image51
    aki mathurposted 4 years ago

children books is good idea.others are:-
    1-get a potraite of a baby in sketching theme.
    2-give her a statue of a baby decorated.

3. purl3agony profile image98
    purl3agonyposted 4 years ago

Here's some ideas:

1.  Get the parents a nice baby album so they can record the steps in their child's life, and include some colored pencils, watercolors, or stamps so the mom can add her own artistic touch.  My parents have baby albums for my sister and I.  They are nice records and reminders of our early years.

2.  Make a family tree for them or buy a blank tree that they can hang in the baby's room.   Leave areas where they can add photos or sketches of each member of the family.

3.  Make a diaper cake for the Mom, and add some children's books as a cake topper.  There's a great tutorial on making diaper cakes here:  http://www.babysavers.com/how-to-make-a … tutorials/ 

I'm sure she'll love whatever you give her smile

1. teaches12345 profile image94
      teaches12345posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I have seen some pretty awesome diaper cakes.  I think they are very practical for moms.

4. Ericdierker profile image57
    Ericdierkerposted 4 years ago

I never minded giving or getting a very special card. It is kind of expensive and was kind of a tradition with my first three children and friends. It comes from an old game called Monopoly.

The idea is this: You give them a "get out of jail free" card. It is very specific that it means that one or three times they can call you up and that is that --- you have got to get over there and help them out. One time I put 911 on card because that is the point. They just have to call and you have to come a running to bail them out. Once I had to cut a business meeting short just to go have tea!!!
    Maybe a 20 year old prima gravada will not get it --- but they need it the most.
    Once I had to babysit for four hours because the mommy looked in the mirror and thought she was ugly so my wife took her for a pecicure, manicure and hair style.

Unique yes but new mommies have it tough. And by Golly Jingles we should be there for them.

5. manjubose5 profile image72
    manjubose5posted 3 years ago

There are variety of baby gift items to choose from. Selecting it depends on your budget.
    1. Baby care gift sets, gift baskets, hooded towels, baby albums are nice shower gifts.
    2.  Items like bouncer, baby gym, baby travel gears, nursery storage & organizers are  very useful to  newborns & parents both.
    3.  An artist mom, having aesthetic sense and creative skill, will surely love to get and admire a baby crib set or nursery decorating items to give a new look to the baby room. http://manjubose5.hubpages.com/hub/babyshowergift

working