What Are Some Good Baby Shower Games To Play?

1. PhoenixV profile image68
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

2. Denise Handlon profile image90
    Denise Handlonposted 5 years ago

Boy, it's been so long since I've been to a baby shower and if I had the choice I would attend a shower that was filled with friendly chit chat and no games.

I'm not one for game playing because time is so precious and everyone is so very busy that it often takes up unnecessary time.  Simplicity is best in my book right now. 

If it is 'prizes' you want to give out place centerpieces on the table, tape numbers under each plate at the table or under their chairs and draw numbers for each table regarding the centerpiece.

If it is a must for games the ones I was used to were the following:

Unscramble a set of words that relate to baby items i.e. diaper  stroller  bottle  etc

make words that relate to baby items from the mother or baby's name:  i.e.  Grace:  Gerber,      cradle     etc   

Ask for the person who's birthday is closest to the baby's due date

See who can remember the items on a tray and write them down after looking at it for 30 seconds before removing.  Tray items:  diaper pin, night light, bib, etc

Good luck and hope everyone has a fun time.  smile

3. GiblinGirl profile image82
    GiblinGirlposted 5 years ago

At my older sister's baby shower we had everyone help create the baby's first alphabet book. We got some colored paper and markers, gave each person a particular letter, and had them create a page for that letter.  For example, the person who had "A" might write "A is for" and draw an apple or something else that begins with "A."  Then each person signed the back of the page.  We actually had each page laminated and then bound together.  It made for a nice little memento. 
    Something else I've seen at other baby showers is to melt different candy bars and put them into diapers and have the guests smell each one and try to guess what it is.
    You could also have a baby food tasting contest.  Buy about 10 or so jars of baby food, cover the labels, and number each jar - make a cheat sheet for yourself of which jar contains which food.  Then have your guests sample the food and try to guess what it is. It's actually not as easy at it might seem.  We did this one at my sister's shower too and some of the food flavors where things like mango peach.

working