jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Youngsters, do they really have behavioral issues or just living out a naturally

1. Donald Ogba profile image76
    Donald Ogbaposted 4 years ago

Youngsters, do they really have behavioral issues or just living out a naturally passing phase?

Some kids and teenagers are considered behaviorally deficient and in need of intervention of different kinds. As such, many of them have gone through many therapy sessions and sometimes subjected to drugs to help them change. So, am wondering if this labeling is real or mere societal paranoia, especially since with time, they outgrow these issues. Patience and understanding are they not better options?

2. cloverleaffarm profile image74
    cloverleaffarmposted 4 years ago

For this, one has to look to the parents. Are they parenting, or are they allowing society to parent?  A child wants, and needs boundaries and limits. If a child doesn't have boundaries, behaviors will come out. What I see is parents saying one thing, and doing another. This does not help the child, and the child looks for the love and acceptance they need from another place. Many parents aren't really present in their kids lives. They are texting, calling, or on facebook. This tells the child many things.
    I personally believe that parents are the fault behind the behaviors.

1. Donald Ogba profile image76
      Donald Ogbaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Cloverleaffarm, if am getting you right, you are saying that they do actually have behavioral issues that justifies therapy, but parents are to blame for it.

2. cloverleaffarm profile image74
      cloverleaffarmposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I am saying that there behavior issues are due to the lack of proper parenting. No therapy needed. Just good old fashioned discipline.

working