jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do any one think Obamacare(healthplan) is a good thing.

1. blackknight2011 profile image60
    blackknight2011posted 4 years ago

Do any one think Obamacare(healthplan) is a good thing.

2. Lee Lee 513 profile image61
    Lee Lee 513posted 4 years ago

I do, it's putting regulations on insurance companies that have been needed for a long time. The insurance companies can no longer deny people without very valid reasons. They can't up your premiums without showing very detailed budget reasons for doing so. Thanks to Obamacare, my 67 year old dad walked into the doctors office with no insurance and Social security kicked in automatically without the wait. So he was able to get emergency help he needed, then he went to the hospital for tests and they did the same. smile

3. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 4 years ago

It has been good for me and others like me, who thrugh no fault of their own were laid off from their jobs, lost their company insurance and then found they could not buy real insurance because of pre-existing health conditions.

I think it is also good because there are various levels of plans and tax credits so people who work part time and therefore do not usually qualify for the company insurance can find affordable coverage.

I think it is good because it is at least a plan that is attempting to solve some of the insurance problems. Those that opposed it, did not offer any viable alternatives.

4. blackknight2011 profile image60
    blackknight2011posted 4 years ago

that is good that your dad is getting help for hisself.  you need to have a good insurance.

working