jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Why is this generation not taught manners more parents teaching their children m

1. neerajv95 profile image52
    neerajv95posted 3 years ago

Why is this generation not taught manners more parents teaching their children manners anymore?

What does parent expect from children? How to make them happy?

2. Lee Tea profile image92
    Lee Teaposted 3 years ago

My kids are constantly complimented on their politeness and good manners.  I had good manners with my children while they were young, and they grew up responding the way I responded to them. 

But a lot of other "old timey" manners, like saying "certainly" when someone says "excuse me", we've learned from reading old books!  Childen's books from 50, 60 years ago!  I'm pretty sure that's not a common practice, but it's served us well.

Some parents may expect children to make them happy, but I understand my happiness is my responsibility.  I expect my children to be upfront and honest about their experiences and situations, something that isn't perfect here and we work on daily.  I see my job as a parent as to develop their talents and recognize truth for themselves, so they may become capable and functional in this world.  I tell them all the time, "we're a team!", and we help each other learn and grow.  My role as a parent is to keep that goal in mind - both mine and theirs.

Be well.

neerajv95posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I respected to you mam and thanks for sharing information ...

Thanks again !!

3. wmhoward4 profile image69
    wmhoward4posted 3 years ago

Here is the problem. The LSD generation begat the MTV generation whom begat the OMG and LOL generation.

neerajv95posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing knowledge... smile

working