How do you live with only seeing your daughter once a week?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)
  1. Brandon Rimes profile image60
    Brandon Rimesposted 4 years ago

How do you live with only seeing your daughter once a week?

i have split custudy but the mother is keeping her from me and trying to push me out of her life because she is now with my old best freind

2. blessedp profile image81
    blessedpposted 4 years ago

I can't truly answer because I'm not in your position.  But for me I would go crazy.  If you are closely attached to your child and you love her dearly it must be hard and no way can once per week be enough to spend with her.
    This will affect the bond that you have with her and she will grow apart from you.

This is hard but keep trying, you would be amaze how things can turn good in a bad situation.

All the best.

3. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 4 years ago

With a LOT of time, coping mechanisms, and...well, more time. I only see my son every other week, plus every other holiday and a few weeks in the summer. For the first 2 1/2 years of his life, I was basically his sole caretaker and never away from him for more than a few hours. I finally got the courage to leave a bad situation, but didn't have the money for a lawyer, so my ex got everything he wanted.

It's been 6 years now. It STILL feels horrible every bit of time he's not here. My ex's new wife (who moved in two weeks after I left) STILL tries to stir up drama and cause tension just because she can, and because she doesn't like that I won't disappear. I still go to wake him up in the mornings and realize he's not here only when I see his empty bed.

But...there is a small ray of hope. I don't know how old your daughter is now, but I know that it started getting a bit easier when my son got old enough to remember better, and to express his own feelings about the situation. He remembers lessons and events from one visit to the next. He now appreciates time and attention more than the things people buys him. He's more curious about things, so there's more meaningful interaction. He can tell me how much he loves me, and loves being here with me. When he's with his dad, he can ask to call or email me instead of the zero contact between visits.

It might not seem like it right now, but a "new normal" will start to show up as time goes on. Contrary to some beliefs, it will not damage your bond with your daughter if you make what time you do have with her count. The good news is, every parent has rights. If one parent tries to violate those rights, infringe on court-ordered custody arrangements, or try to interfere with the relationship the other parent has with the child, then they can be held accountable in court. Know your rights, and fight for them if she steps on them.

1. Brandon Rimes profile image60
      Brandon Rimesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

thank you very much needed to hear that and p.s shes turning three smile

2. wychic profile image88
      wychicposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Right around the age my son was -- it was a tough transition, but I think more for me than for him. I think he was about 5 when it started getting a LOT better because of the huge changes in his memory and emotional maturity. Hang in there smile

4. profile image0
    Dave36posted 4 years ago

Hey buddy first off I'm assuming you mean how do you live with the feelings/emotions, & thoughts of maybe losing your daughter etc....The first thing you have to do in a situation like yours, is to fully accept the situation for how it is..You have to fully realize that whether you feel sad/depressed about the situation or not, it doesn't won't & can't change the situation..It is obvious which would be better for us, & that's where the training comes in..So you need to do feelings/emotions control practice, & as much mindful meditating as you can..Within months you could be in total control of your feelings/emotions & mind, & be in the best position to handle whatever situation you find yourself in....Your daughter will always be your daughter & will always love you, & if you stay in control of your feelings/emotions you will always (by law) be entitled to see her..Believe me buddy do the practice, & always keep moving forwards with your own life..Keep a positive mindset & never sit there "what iffing", always change your thinking to what you can do for the better....Stay away from booze or drugs until you have accepted the situation, & distract your mind from negative thoughts with mindful meditating.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)