jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What one piece of advice from your parents has been most helpful in your life so

1. slappywalker profile image98
    slappywalkerposted 3 years ago

What one piece of advice from your parents has been most helpful in your life so far?

2. profile image0
    CalebSparksposted 3 years ago

When I was a teenager, my dad strongly recommended that I learn a trade. This I did and it has provided a measure of security knowing that I have a skill set to rely on if I should lose my job.

3. profile image0
    SageCantonposted 3 years ago

The best piece of advice my parents have given me was to say "don't get stressed out - this too shall pass."  They're so right about that smile

4. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

"Life is not fair."
    That advice has kept me from wearing "rose tented glasses" as well as free myself from constantly (comparing) myself to others  Once you focus on simply staying in your lane there is a dramatic reduction in ego centric behavior. You play the cards you're dealt. Life is a (personal) journey.

5. Sri T profile image80
    Sri Tposted 3 years ago

They never gave me any advice. And that was the best advice because it forced me to discover the truth for myself without their opinions.

6. DeepThought258238 profile image71
    DeepThought258238posted 3 years ago

Keep God first and trust in him always. I failed to do this when I was younger and had to go on and suffer the consequences for bad decisions made. I find that human wisdom is limited, situations and circumstances vary so much that what worked for one person does not mean it will work for another. However godly wisdom as found in the bible can help anyone at anytime. Proverbs 3:5, 6 states: "Trust in Jehovah with all your heart and, and do not rely on your own understanding. In all your ways take notice of him, And he will make your paths straight."
    Visit www.jw.org to find answers to life's deepest questions.

7. goodnews11 profile image90
    goodnews11posted 3 years ago

"GIVE RESPECT AND TAKE RESPECT"
    This advice helped me a lot in gaining the respect of others.

8. Ziva Papyrus profile image59
    Ziva Papyrusposted 3 years ago

Trust your gut.  If something doesn't feel right, don't ignore it.  Use the feeling to be smart and objective about a situation or idea.  It helped me to trust my instinct instead of constantly second guessing myself.  As a woman, that was crucial to me, as I certainly fell victim to the 'dumb yourself down to be more relate-able' trend of middle school.  Thankfully, this notion helped me avoid /completely/ falling to the social stigma of 'smart girls not being cool'.

working