jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do some talents run in families?

1. Perspycacious profile image82
    Perspycaciousposted 3 years ago

Do some talents run in families?

2. Besarien profile image86
    Besarienposted 3 years ago

I am sure that they must for some. For others, talents must be God-given if you believe or an accident of genetics if you don't.

Case in point, my son has a full range of talents that neither his father, nor I, nor his grandparents nor anyone else in either family have ever demonstrated.

3. C.V.Rajan profile image78
    C.V.Rajanposted 3 years ago

Definitely. It comes in the genes. In India I have seen classical music being passed on from generation to generation in families. Likewise in traditional medical practice like Ayurveda too.

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

ah yes, it runs in my in law family; they a Great money diggers!
    Before my father in law passed away, they visited him every week. When he was well, nobody visited him. When he died, all his money went to his 3rd son who was a money digger.
    Now its my mother in law turn. Her daughters are visiting her DAILY and already took out half of her savings. Btw, she is not sick or bed ridden yet, just imagine when she is ill, what will happened to her balance money and property!!

5. MizBejabbers profile image88
    MizBejabbersposted 3 years ago

I see this happening a lot, but whether it is a talent or an interest passed down, I'm not sure. I see families where a number of members are all talented in something, law, medicine, teachers, music, but In my family it seems to be the no-talent that gets passed down. Some of us are very talented in our professions, but we are not in the same professions. My grandfather was a very talented Ozark musician, but out of all the kith and kinfolk, only my son has pursued music into adulthood. I would say that it may run in some families, but not all.