jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Which side of your family do you prefer to hang around with? Your mother's side

1. LailaK profile image77
    LailaKposted 6 years ago

Which side of your family do you prefer to hang around with? Your mother's side or father's side?

2. changer22 profile image60
    changer22posted 6 years ago

I prefer to spend time with my mother's side of the family because I can relate to them more. I have more cousins on my mom's side, which makes spending time with her family more fun. Also we generally go to more family occasions that her side of the family hosts, so I have become more comfortable around them over the years, compared to my father's side of the family.

3. proudmamma profile image76
    proudmammaposted 6 years ago

I never met my dad until I was seventeen, so I really don't know any of them. I was unable to develop that bond. As for my mother's side of the family, I moved away when I was eighteen. None of us kept in touch. I'm not blaming them, because I didn't make a huge effort either. However, any time I have seen them, it has been because I went to see them not the other way around.

4. zzron profile image57
    zzronposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/2250880_f260.jpg

This is an interesting question.  I am 50 years old, my mother passed away five years ago at age 82.  My father passed away at age 42 when I was only two.  I am the youngest out of five siblings and the next oldest was 12 years older than me and he passed away last year.  Most of my family on both sides have either passed away or live very far from me.  My family now mostly consists of my wife and her family, which also lives far away.  So I guess this question may not apply to me.  My family pretty much is everyone who I like and enjoy associating with.

5. brittanytodd profile image94
    brittanytoddposted 6 years ago

My father's side.  Unfortunately, we don't really communicate with my mom's side of the family much.

6. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

My mother's family is the one, who is more deep rooted in old family, old money, and manners.

My father's family is fun, backward, daring ...........

It is my hope to blend the Two.

It was my Grandpa H, who cut the tree, that was caught in a spring storm, and landed upon, and crippled my Grandpa B..............the families ARE, at this point interwoven.

Grandpa H, never, ever, forgave himself,   Grandpa B, never, once blamed him for cutting the tree.

Familes, are blended souls, work, sweat, and tears.................they rejoice together and they suffer together.

7. sangre profile image97
    sangreposted 6 years ago

Neither if i can. Family drama is best avoided if at all possible.

8. Infiniteresearch profile image84
    Infiniteresearchposted 6 years ago

What a thought provoking question. I am lucky to have two very distinct sides to our family and I love hanging out with each side for the qualities they bring. I think I represent both sides well as a result of knowing and enjoying the company of both. One side of my family shows me the value of education and striving to learn everyday, the other side shows me the value of love and being happy with who you are. My family balances me and has taught me a lot over the years and I am grateful to call them all my family.

working