jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I have baby 6 months but she almost can stand ,its normalor not?

1. rahmat54146 profile image43
    rahmat54146posted 2 years ago

I have baby 6 months but she almost  can stand ,its normalor not?

2. LeeSkittrall profile image81
    LeeSkittrallposted 2 years ago

Hi Rahmat, it really depends on what you mean by "almost stand".

Standing as a rule normally comes after a crawling stage, so has he/she been crawling yet? or has been for a while?

Generally speaking babies are able pull themselves up to a standing position between 8 and 10 months, but will need to hang something; either piece of furniture or on you yourself; it's not normally till about 11 months that he/she may be able to stand on their own.

There's also a difference between reaching a standing position and being able to maintain it/sit back down, but babies develop differently, some more quickly, potentially like your son or daughter and some can be slower, it's not uncommon for your child to be different to your friends children or other family members; each child is special and unique and development is no exception to that.

If you're really concerned about your baby then I would suggest seeking help from a professional.

Hope this helps.

3. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 2 years ago

Hi
    Well personally I do not think anything is wrong with that. She may be learning from observing, therefore catching on faster.

Her skills may be a bit advanced. Whatever the reason, no need to worry, every child develops to their own liking.

It's like potty training, you can show them but if they are not ready, they won't do it.

As for normal well define "normal".

Who is to say that the norm may be standing at whatever, right.

Congratulations on your fairly new arrival.

4. rahmat54146 profile image43
    rahmat54146posted 2 years ago

thanks all..

at the age of 3 months my son has also been able to hold toys , quite different from the neighbor's baby who could only sleep

and now my baby do not like to crawl..

working