Indulge me. How's it possible that earnings increase a few months out?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (17 posts)
  1. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

I have read time and time again that earnings increase with a snowball effect after 3,4,5,6+ months on here. I sort of get that, but after taking my own experiences into consideration, I'm left with a few questions.

I've read folks comments such as "it takes 6 month's for google to index and therefore you won't see much income until then."

Well, almost all of my hubs come up in google within 24 hours; they are indexed. I'm get traffic of around 20-40+ hits per day on my top earning hubs. I am making money and should reach payout by next month. I am obviously *very* thankful for this, but I want to continue to build on my success. This income will be really useful to me next semester when I won't have time to work anymore but will still need money! wink

I'm not sure if it's luck or what, but at the end of the day, the '6 months theory' escapes me and I'd like to know why it's thought to take 6 months to occur.

What will happen to my already earning hubs over the next few months? Will it be possible for the earnings to snowball even more on these hubs?

I know I'll be earning more as a whole 6 months from now, since I'll continue to write. But, my ultimate question is: what would happen if I let my already earning hubs sit here; would their earnings continue to double? Or have they already reached their full potential?

2. profile image49
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

No they will contiinue to grow and pay you more. But you have good hubs for example if you were to do a hub about a news item that was current and popular that would peak then fade away but stuff like your bath bombs will still be googled 10 years from now. You have done well my friend and your earnings will deff only increase, well played !

3. icewave5 profile image60
    icewave5posted 14 years ago

How do you write so many hubs girly_girl?, your a writing monster.... Being here the same time as you but can;t seem to write the hubs quick enough.

4. cindyvine profile image68
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

I have seen more outside traffic the last couple of weeks but I don't get the kind of traffic you guys get.

1. mandybeau profile image59
      mandybeauposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Apparently I got too much traffic hence the ban.

5. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

I got my first check before 6 months, but I'd say 9-12 months is average from what I've seen here. The more you write, and the longer your hubs are in searches, the more you'll make, which to me is why over time your payout frequency is more. Plus, like you said the longer you do so, the more you learn and the better you get. Just make sure that evergreen and unique content is what you're composing, as that will be a better earner for you.

6. MotherHubber profile image60
    MotherHubberposted 14 years ago

Whitney, thanks for posting that.  I was wondering what the average amount of time was for most new Hubbers to receive payout check #1.  Also good tip about the evergreen material.

7. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

Thanks, guys, for all the responses. If my earnings do continue to increase on what I've done so far, that is truly awesome. When I first found Hubpages, I was like "this is way too good to be true!". It has been a great time so far and I'm really encouraged by my results.

Well, I'm off to write for the Hub Challenge! smile

Thanks again for your responses.

8. Lissie profile image75
    Lissieposted 14 years ago

Girly girl very few new hubbers write 62 hubs in 3 weeks and even fewer write them on focussed on topics that people actually search for! You are well ahead of the ball on both points.

What you may find though is a dip - your new hubs will dip back down the search engine rankings (SERPS) after they are not new anymore - they will probably bounce back - but if you want to be sure spend some time building backlinks to them -particularly if one was earning drops down - they will come back but it might take a week or a month.

You're doing great and seem a lot more focused on writing than most new hubbers

1. profile image0
      girly_girl09posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the advice. I remember a few weeks ago that some of my hubs completely dropped out of google. They are back now, but I'm not sure why. lol That would obviously be a major stumbling block to me if it happened again, but I'm prepared for it because of your advice. If it does happen, I'll spend more time building quality backlinks. Right now, I have only done a few on Yahoo answers.

I figure, the more quality content I can get out now the better, and when I reach writer's block (which I'd imagine would be soon! lol), I'll work on backlinks.

1. Lissie profile image75
        Lissieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds good - you only need about 10% of a brain to build back links :-)

9. LennyP profile image72
    LennyPposted 14 years ago

It does not take six months to get indexed but that is about how long it takes to start really ranking well in search results. New content is not as trusted as older content so once it has time to age it ranks better.

1. Lissie profile image75
      Lissieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not necessarily - its entirely niche dependent - I was on a page 1 with a new hub within 12 hours - but there is little competition for the exact title of my hub. It will however bounce around a bit with a new hub though not as much on hubpages as it would with a new site

1. profile image49
        badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lissie you are one smart lady and no wonder you are laughing : )

10. LennyP profile image72
    LennyPposted 14 years ago

I was not saying that it is always the case. That is just why people say it takes that long to really start earning. Even so, the most lucrative keywords are also the most competitive. These are the ones it takes time to rank well for.

11. cindyvine profile image68
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

i think I need backlinks lessons as I'm not sure what to do what they are or how to make them

1. mandybeau profile image59
      mandybeauposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just keep writing good Hubs, back links and all that stuff is really time consuming, and is only for those hoping to attract traffic. If you choose the right Keywords, and link the Hubs to a Really good site that is specific on that subject. Let the old stuff go. I also rename them this makes a bit of a difference for a few months. I found  that rather than muck around with links, and googleadsense, which chopped me anyway lol. That the money is real when you deal with freelance companies, and stop what is effectively spam still Hubs just to get traffic.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)