How have you changed since becoming a parent?

1. Kate H profile image91
    Kate Hposted 3 years ago

How have you changed since becoming a parent?

Do you still consider yourself the same person more or less or have you changed completely?  What new habits have you developed?  Are you more or less confident?  Did you change all at once or slowly over a few years?  Did you start changing as soon as the pregnancy started or only once the baby was born?

2. Cynthia Hoover profile image95
    Cynthia Hooverposted 3 years ago

I am still the same. I have always been a "take me as I am" girl so my confidence is the same. I do think about my health and mortality more so now that I have had a child. During pregnancy I just felt bloated and fat lol. It did not kick in until after I was able to hold my little guy after my cesarean. I pay less attention to myself and more to my little man than I did before I had him. I used to always be well groomed, nails painted, hair done and makeup. I only ever bother now if we have an appointment. I rock the mom jeans and t-shirts that I raid from my fiances drawer. The new habits are all things baby related. Well he is almost 19 months. My daily routine as a stay at home mom revolves around him. The only thing I would change is finding a babysitter if I could. I still have about 50 lbs I need to loose (I was on a weight loss journey when I got pregnant). Collin refuses to let mom work out. Trust me it is very hard to do sit ups with a 30lb baby boy sitting on your stomach!

All in all I think I am a better person having created a life and through nurturing and mothering him. Well, we are trying to start potty training and the terrible two's seem to have started. So I may just be getting ready to pull my hair out, we will have to see!

3. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

I am getting worse. I would have rather become a single then being a married mom. I regretted