How has becoming a mother changed your life?

1. Seek-n-Find profile image90
    Seek-n-Findposted 13 months ago

How has becoming a mother changed your life?

For better and for worse--how has your life changed since becoming a parent?  What advice would you give moms-to-be?

2. elayne001 profile image74
    elayne001posted 13 months ago

My children are my greatest blessing. Even though they are all grown and have their own families, they check on me and try to help me out in many ways. I cannot imagine my life without my children. All of them graduated from college and then I followed in 2007. They have changed my life for the better in every aspect and I am so grateful for them. I have one terrific daughter and three sons. Each is very unique in their personalities and talents. My life has been enriched by having children.

3. Gabriel Wilson profile image94
    Gabriel Wilsonposted 13 months ago

ln my case, I haven't changed too much at all. I adore (or rather Dad and I) adore our girl. We have so much fun and we bend the rules: in fact we ignore the rules. Chocolate cake can be the norm on Sunday mornings and playing football on the beach in the rain is hilarious with our daughter.

Moms-to-be: find your own way and don't worry about the text books (my sister gave me hers and after reading the first page I used it as a door stop). Enjoy every moment of becoming and being a mother and your child will be happy because you are happy. Don't stress about things going wrong and don't worry about the little things. And the most important thing is you and he (Dad) are in this together for the long term, so make sure you are both on the same team. Grannies are great but they will never be a Dad. And eat pancakes with chocolate ice cream, maple syrup and jam, oh and then go play football in the rain. Trust me, its an amazing feeling. Oh and lastly, hug and kiss and tell your child how much you love her: an amazing thing will happen, she will tell you how much she loves you and she will make your day and pick you up when you feel a bit low. Oh and make omelettes with salami and peanut butter  smile a life change if there ever was one...