jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Naps to sleep or not to sleep , that is the question.

1. Lyrickkw profile image69
    Lyrickkwposted 3 years ago

Naps to sleep or not to sleep , that is the question.

How energized do you feel after a quick nap?

2. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 3 years ago

The problem when I take a nap is I don't want to wake up a nap for a few minutes turns into a four-five hour one.  Yes I do feel refreshed but it feels like a wasted day.  Sometimes even after the nap I still go to sleep my normal time

Lyrickkwposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I too have that same problem at times. In my busy schedule I try to use a timer or call a friend to wake me up so I won't over sleep.

3. Diana Lee profile image83
    Diana Leeposted 3 years ago

I don't recall ever being able to take a nap.  I try to have a regular bed time and even on my days off I try not to sleep in by more than an hour. Eight hours of sleep works best for me. I would think naps are apt to mess with your night time sleeping. I don't think short time energy burst would be worth taking such a chance. Of course regular nappers may have different opinions on sleep issues.

Nap is good for some but not all. As long as you get your proper rest that is all that count!

4. CJMcAllister profile image87
    CJMcAllisterposted 3 years ago

If you are like many people, you look back fondly on naps, but rarely get the chance to enjoy one. However, you might be surprised to learn how beneficial taking a nap can actually be. read more

Yes. It seem that it is hard to get a nap these days! I find it rare but I try to nap as much as I can.

5. Amanda108 profile image93
    Amanda108posted 3 years ago

A nap is even more difficult, for me, to wake up from then a night's sleep in which I went to bed too late. If I give into a nap it's because I'm so sleepy it's like gravity is pushing me down. Crawling into my bed in that moment is like heaven on earth. But then I absolutely do not want to come back out of the bed! 30 minutes (a "quick nap": 10 minutes to fall asleep, 20 to actually sleep) turns into an hour, which turns into "20 more minutes" to "Oh screw it, a couple more hours"!

Then after my inevitably long nap my mouth is dry for the rest of the day and I feel slightly disoriented, like my schedule is off.

I wish I had more time to sleep but life must go on! I try to get sleep as much as often. I wish we had more time to relax and sleep but the everyday schedules of life able us to work more and sleep less. I think it so important to get relax .

6. JennyRose2 profile image60
    JennyRose2posted 3 years ago

Naturally, for thousands of years, we were polyphasic sleepers. Meaning we slept for around four hours, were awake for a few hours, and slept again for around four hours. When we became an industrialized society with electric lighting, sleep patterns became more like what we see today. Many Mediterranean and Southern European countries maintain polyphasic sleep patterns, commonly known as "siesta". Living in a warmer climate tends to promote '"siesta", as it is a good way to avoid the hottest part of the day. Naps seem to be a natural part of our human makeup. So I say go ahead and siesta!

7. profile image57
    Beckyboozlesposted 22 months ago

As a young girl I have never found the need to take naps during the day, since have a child this has changed very much grabbing every chance I can to have a "quick" nap. I find they are very useful towards an energy boost although can cause more problems than they solve,by the time it comes to needing to go to bed I can not always sleep and this leads to feeling very exhausted the next morning

working