jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why do babies bite their toes?

1. Charmaine Rose profile image61
    Charmaine Roseposted 2 years ago

Why do babies bite their toes?

I'm wondering why my 9 months old baby used to bite his toe and has a hard time of making him stop to do it.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12369782_f260.jpg

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

Babies naturally explore everything in their world with their mouth - it's how they learn.  It's completely normal for babies to chew on their toes, their toys, the table, lol - whatever is in their vicinity at that age they are going to try to put in their mouths to explore it.  That's why baby proofing things is very important. 

My advice, don't make a big deal about it and just distract your baby with something else fun and safe he can chew on.  If you pay a lot of attention to it he may continue to do it to get your attention.

3. krillco profile image94
    krillcoposted 2 years ago

Because they can! And, it's delightful! YOU go and nibble on those little toesies and see the smile!

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

Babies only do things that give them pleasure. It's just that simple.

5. monia saad profile image78
    monia saadposted 2 years ago

It is a normal baby's body because of the flexibility. And infants explore everything through the mouth.You never need to worry. After a period will not actually able to do so easily and therefore it will be looking for something else

6. tamarawilhite profile image93
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

Put the "stop thumb sucking" goop on his toe nails, and he'll stop putting them in his mouth.

7. bizgrrl profile image75
    bizgrrlposted 2 years ago

Don't babies put an abundance of things in their mouth?

working