jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

How do you approach explaining to your child that they are not good at something

1. Efficient Admin profile image93
    Efficient Adminposted 2 years ago

How do you approach explaining to your child that they are not good at something?

Without hurting their feelings?

2. Yudish Pandava profile image76
    Yudish Pandavaposted 2 years ago

By doing it in a better way or telling them how it can be improved to get better output.

3. Iman Abozaid profile image61
    Iman Abozaidposted 2 years ago

I'm not professional but i think if you told her/him for EX : Ohh i like your artwork but if you draw more you are going to be better .
    Or you can say : You aren't good at singing because it's not your hobby , don't be sad ! everyone have a hobby and he should find it , you can try something else and be patient till you find it and i'm pretty sure you will be good at something one day , you should be strong !
    Lol i gave you some examples i don' t know if it's will work or not i'm just
    trying to help you smile GOOD LUCK ^^

4. YvetteParker profile image73
    YvetteParkerposted 2 years ago

If possible, let your child make that discovery rather than you pointing it out to him/her. Usually things that they are not good at, they will soon lose interest in it and move on to something else.

5. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

Perhaps a step further may help? How do you explain that to the (inner) child within oneself? hmmmm . . .

1. Lisa HW profile image73
      Lisa HWposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Like how do you tell parents they aren't always good judges of kids' potential

6. RealityChic profile image61
    RealityChicposted 2 years ago

Parents are too PC with their kids! If they aren't that good at something, and have been given the chance to practice with no difference, they should be told the truth. It's better to be honest with them and redirect them at something that they ARE good at than let them devote time and energy on something that obviously isn't their strong point.

7. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

Tell them to try harder, everyone is not perfect. They have their own talents too.