Have you accepted your spouse or lovers children?

1. iggy7117 profile image81
    iggy7117posted 2 years ago

Have you accepted your spouse or lovers children?

2. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 2 years ago

Vince....Let's surely HOPE so.  If a man or woman cannot or simply does not accept a partners children BEFORE marrying, the "parent" should not even consider marrying this person!   That is an incredibly selfish & foolish thing to do.  Knowingly to go forward to marry a person who doesn't accept your kids??   Outrageous.  Talk about ASKING for marital discourse & damaging children right from the start!  Should that person be stupid enough to marry this unloving man or woman~~make sure you already have an account earmarked for your quick divorce.

Normal difficulties arise in blended families even when children ARE accepted!  One's children are a HUGE part of them.  Their first concerns & responsibilities are to their kids......above, before & beyond another individual. Someone who loves a person with children and wishes to marry, instinctively KNOWS it's a package deal 100%.  If they can't accept the kids....it's a deal BREAKER!

3. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

If I have a spouse who is  widowed or divorced, accepting his children like mine would take time and effort.
    The biggest problem is, will his children accept me as their new mommy