As a teenager, were you the goody two shoes -every parents' & teachers' dream &

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 23 months ago

As a teenager, were you the goody two shoes -every parents' & teachers' dream & other teenagers'

nightmare or the rebel, rule tester, wild children-every parents' & teachers' nightmare & other teenagers' hip cool role model?

2. Say Yes To Life profile image80
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 23 months ago

I was an ultra conservative goody-goody two shoes.  After I turned 18, I rebelled, but took things only so far.  In my mid 20s, I returned to the church.  Thirty odd years later, midway between conservative and liberal (leaning more towards liberal) I'm still struggling to sort things out.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image97
    FatFreddysCatposted 22 months ago

When I was in high school I wanted to be like Judd Nelson's  "John Bender" character in "The Breakfast Club." I wore my hair long(ish), wore jeans and concert t-shirts and tried to cultivate an image of this bad-ass metal head who shouldn't be messed with.

In reality, however, I was too "good" for that sort of image. I may have copped the rebel "look" but personality-wise I was closer to Anthony Michael Hall's dorky "Brian" character. I didn't party, I didn't run with a bad crowd, I got decent grades, and for the most part I stayed out of trouble...which was probably for the best because a couple of those "bad crowd" kids are dead now.