jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Ever Run Away From Home As a Child?

1. threekeys profile image80
    threekeysposted 17 months ago

Ever Run Away From Home As a Child?

I was 6 years of age. I called out half strongly and half scaredly-"Im going to leave home". Silence. I sung out again ".  Im  going to run away". Silence. So I dragged out our big suitcase and dragged it awkwardly down the hallway through the lounge room to the front screen door and tried once more. "Im running away now" ( I didnt want to run away. I just wanted to hear my mother call out in warmth "please don"t go I love you" and give me a big comforting hug. But all she called out was "you do that. Run. Run".  I didnt want to go but I said I was going. I made it to the end of the driveway.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13146958_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Cissy1946posted 17 months ago

Don't you hate it when they don't take you seriously? Did she stop you or did you change your mind?
    This took place my second year in the first grade so I would have been 7. The really good thing about having a perpetually confused expression on your face is that people seem to believe whatever you say so when asked "does your mother know" and I say "yes" I was never questioned. Anyway, I didn't actually run away but I stayed over at a friend's house after school one day. Then stayed for dinner. Then stayed and played until way after dark. When I finally got home the police were there and I was, once again, in trouble. This time I couldn't blame my sister...

1. threekeys profile image80
      threekeysposted 17 months agoin reply to this

No. She didnt come out at all. I just sat at the and of the driveway and realized   I couldn't go n she mustnt love me. I went back in.
      How were the police to you? Were they scary and angry? Or did you feel safe? You adventurer at heart!

2. profile image0
      Cissy1946posted 17 months agoin reply to this

They pretty much just rolled their eyes and left. Remember this was 1953 and the world was really really different then. Of course the police might have rolled their eyes and left but my mom didn't. Good thing she was glad to see me...

working