jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What If A Catholic Priest Showed Interest To Love You? Would You Run Away?

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

What If A Catholic Priest Showed Interest To Love You? Would You Run Away?

2. yes2truth profile image60
    yes2truthposted 8 years ago
  3. chivaga30 profile image58
    chivaga30posted 8 years ago

Definitely.  Yes he is a human being capable of feeling and loving.  But he is more than that.  He has devoted himself to God and in the service of His people.  He will not be able to do that well if he's out there trying to pursue just one person.  If he believes that he wants to serve God in another way, then he can rethink his options.  But while he is in the service, run away from him as far as possible.

4. profile image0
    divinemercylover1posted 8 years ago

I would simply remind him of his vows and ask him to search his heart as to where God, Holy Mother Church and his love interest stands. If he can not actively embrace his love for the vows he took, my feelings are that he leave his religious vocation as a priest and possibly marry and become a deacon. Remaining in the church would in my opinion be essential.

5. emofanatic profile image56
    emofanaticposted 8 years ago

well it depends what kind of way . if the preist just walk p to you and i love you as a priest then you should not run away because its just a friendly i love you . In the world today the some people wo are too spectical of thiking if someone says they love you there gay . If the priest came up to you and said i love and starts to get little close and starts touching you yea i would run away .

6. profile image62
    Joseph Tposted 8 years ago

I totally agreed with divinemercylover1 that "remind the priest  of his vow and ask him to search his heart as to where God, Holy Mother Church and his love interest "; However, all of us should remember that the priest also is a human being who has his weak as well as his temptation like us, like everyone else
          I think the best solution is to pray for the priest, asking Jesus give him the strength to rethink his position.
          No one is perfect, only God is perfect and has no sins. Please do not judge anyone while you are not perfect. Thanks for the chance to share your question

7. H P Roychoudhury profile image49
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 8 years ago

Love is pious and love should not lead to build up relationship with emotions. Loving a single person and loving all depends upon the mind set of the person. A catholic Priest will love all and not a single person. Sufficient time must be permitted to find the inner secret of mind.

8. profile image0
    Rad Manposted 7 years ago

Run... Would you run if he was a married man? No good can come of this. He has other commitments. You will only be a mistress. Complain to someone. Perhaps that someone can help him.

9. Lady Guinevere profile image61
    Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago

First of all you need to realize that he is not meant to be single.  Catholic celebacy was formed in the 10'th century.

Here an excerpt from a webiste that discusses the Celebacy of the Priests:
    "Before the middle ages it was allowable for Catholic priests to have multiple wives and mistresses (concubines). But with concerns for protecting Church property from inheritance Pope Pelagius I made new priests agree offspring could not inherit Church property. Pope Gregory then declared all sons of priests illegitimate (only sons since lowly daughters could not inherit anyway in society).

In 1022 Pope Benedict VIII banned marriages and mistresses for priests and in 1139 Pope Innocent II voided all marriages of priests and all new priests had to divorce their wives. This had nothing to do with morality, multiple women for males had long been the norm since before biblical times, but it was about MONEY! In biblical times many wives, concubines and breeders was common and never spoken against other than by Paul to the Elders of Timothy and Titus."

You can read more: http://www.libchrist.com/bible/catholiccelibacy.html

10. schoolgirlforreal profile image81
    schoolgirlforrealposted 7 years ago

Yes because I respect the Catholic Church's rules of priestly celibacy, though it could be tempting if he was really handsome, either way priest or nuns are spouses of Christ and therefore should keep thier vows., unless they leave.

working