jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

I love my family, but sometimes I wish I have a different one. Is it that bad th

1. Rica Lim Lao profile image60
    Rica Lim Laoposted 14 months ago

I love my family, but sometimes I wish I have a different one. Is it that bad thinking that way?

2. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 14 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12767332_f260.jpg

Not at all.  Remember, family is circumstantial.  It isn't by choice.  Many of us are born into families that, well........AREN'T IDEAL in the least.  While some families are enlightened, heavenly, & copasetic, others can be described as purgatorial, even infernal in scope.   

Families have THEIR OWN agenda & perspective.  In essence, they have their own CODE & MODUS OPERANDI.  Those who conform are immensely rewarded while those who don't are viewed as problematic, scapegoated, & even marginalized.  There are people who simply are born into the wrong families i.e. families who are divergently different from them in terms of mindsets, mentalities, & outlooks.   

At most, people TOLERATE their families.  Even though many people claim that they "love" their family, they are in denial as most families are dysfunctional in one way or another.  Only a few families are loving, encouraging, & nurturing.   That is FRIENDS are for.  They are the family that we ultimately choose because friends have a commonality that family will never have   As the saying goes, God gave us friends to make up for family.

1. profile image59
      Tabitha Stowersposted 14 months agoin reply to this

I don't believe it is bad thing to think that, because you can't really choice who your blood family are. Mine get on my nerves alot. We also don't talk much, maybe 2-5 times a year. Unless something major is happening. We mostly keep to ourselves.

3. profile image59
    Tabitha Stowersposted 14 months ago

That's why god gave us friends. That why we can be around people we like, and people that don't irritate us very much.

working