As a middle class parent, what types of advice would you give your children rega

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 11 months ago

As a middle class parent, what types of advice would you give your children regarding

having friends?  Would you advise them to only associate w/those of your particular socioeconomic class or even higher?  Would you forbid them to associate w/those of a lower socioeconomic class because the latter have no future prospects & have negative mindsets?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12039645_f260.jpg

2. lifelovemystery profile image92
    lifelovemysteryposted 11 months ago

I was blessed with one amazing child. I would never advise him to choose friends based on socioeconomic class or status. He will be 30 this year, and is still very close with the friends he chose in his teens, and those he made in the Marine Corps.

There was only one 'friend' that I was concerned about, and eventually banned the boy from my home because of his involvement in drugs.

3. HoneyBB profile image97
    HoneyBBposted 11 months ago

I have the most kind, thoughtful, considerate son anyone could ever hope for. He has friends of all socioeconomic classes. We have little money; however, he is a hard worker and a student in community college. He has future prospects and he does not have a negative mindset at all. Anyone who can call him their friend is lucky to have him. He has been friends with about 9 or 10 guys since kindergarten and they are all a great bunch. They played baseball and basketball and golf together. They make me laugh whenever they're around. I just love them all and many of them are below middle class.

working