jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What age do you feel right now and why?

1. Maryam Rehman profile image85
    Maryam Rehmanposted 11 months ago

What age do you feel right now and why?

For me.. I really feel like a grown-up..real mature.. thinking of having my childhood back...<3

2. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 11 months ago

I feel like an immature mother.
    Sometimes I pamper too much my kids that I had spoilt them, they had stepped over their limit and yet I don't know how to be stern with them.

Too much love is not a good thing, which is true.
    I felt dismayed and disappointed at myself.

3. Maryam Rehman profile image85
    Maryam Rehmanposted 11 months ago

Hey peachpurple! thank you for sharing your views.
    After speaking endlessly about this topic with my students, it became clear to me that children today are involved in too many activities and are in turn becoming less in touch with themselves and their families. In addition, my students told me they really wished for more time to “just play”. Of course many of them enjoy their extra curricular activities, but it is not necessary they said to be allowed to do everything. What they enjoyed most, and what made their hearts happiest was when their mothers did simple things for or with them.
    Here is a list of the things my students  remembered and loved most about their mothers.
    1. Come into my bedroom at night, tuck me in and sing me a song. Also tell me stories about when you were little.
    2. Give me hugs and kisses and sit and talk with me privately.
    3. Spend quality time just with me, not with my brothers and sisters around.
    4. Give me nutritious food so I can grow up healthy.
    5. At dinner talk about what we could do together on the weekend.
    6. At night talk to me about about anything; love, school, family etc.
    7. Let me play outside a lot.
    8. Cuddle under a blanket and watch our favorite TV show together.
    9. Discipline me. It makes me feel like you care.
    10. Leave special messages in my desk or lunch bag.
    Children are incredibly wise and tend to see the world more simply than we do. Perhaps it is time we start taking their advice. Maybe we would all feel a little less stressed and be satisfied with the fact that doing little things really is… good enough.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 months ago

I feel like a perpetually 16 year old wiseass kid.

5. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 11 months ago

Well!  isn't this the strangest question for me to discover on my birthday??!  I'll be happy to disclose what age I FEEL right now because I surely am not stating my age as of today, April 10th, 2017!  Ouch!  It's somewhere between feeling lucky to be as healthy and happy as I am.....and wishing I could still do all the things I did without effort, when I was 20 years younger.
    Right this moment, I'm feeling grateful for a wonderful day spent with my family and I'm also feeling loved for all the cards, texts, emails and phone calls from my wonderful friends & family, so sweet to remember my birthday!
    I can't imagine anything better.  Frankly, I'm also quite tired and ready to crawl into bed and get a good night's sleep. 
    Age is an attitude.  Remaining young-at-heart is the thing to do!!  Peace, Paula

1. Maryam Rehman profile image85
      Maryam Rehmanposted 11 months agoin reply to this

Hi Paula! Congratulations For your Birthday! It's a late greeting But Happy Birthday to You.
      Yup!!! the only thing that can't be brought back is life after death. So,it's never too late to try something new and revise a chapter from any time of life.