jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Would it be a blessing or a curse to live past 100 years old?

1. APPetty profile image90
    APPettyposted 9 months ago

Would it be a blessing or a curse to live past 100 years old?

2. gregas profile image81
    gregasposted 9 months ago

For me, that all depends on your health.

3. Glenis Rix profile image98
    Glenis Rixposted 9 months ago

Well, as someone approaching 70, I can't think of anything worse than being dependent on others for daily care and perhaps living in an old people's home. My father lived a relatively active life to the age of 91 but I think for the past couple of years he had probably had enough.

4. wrenchBiscuit profile image83
    wrenchBiscuitposted 9 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13603713_f260.jpg

Each day I am prepared to die, and when  death comes I will welcome it. I consider it a curse to live past 100 years. It wouldn't matter if I was healthy or not. Most of my family and friends would be dead already.  Transhumanism is a natural choice for greedy materialistic Americans, as it is not possible for them to get beyond the illusion of flesh and bone.

5. lsmith131 profile image84
    lsmith131posted 9 months ago

For some older adults I know, it is a blessing to live past 100 years old. I have an aunt who is currently 103 years old. She still travels and loves to spend time with all of her grandchildren on a daily basis.

I have never heard her complain about making it to her age, even though she has health issues that keep her from doing most things she would like to do.

Every year we throw her a big birthday bash and she cries with joy every time because she is happy to see another year.

I would love to see the age of 100. In my opinion, if you have lived a positive life and did your best to preserve your happiness, success, and health; it will be a blessing.

If you go through life not truly living and letting various situations define your happiness. For example, holding on to negative thoughts and habits, it will be a curse.

6. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 9 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13605334_f260.jpg

It would depend on how healthy, active, and independent one is.
    The only "curse" then would be attending funerals of spouse, children, friends and other family members. Those who embrace the present without overly holding onto and comparing it to the past tend to bend with the changes in the wind.
    Their motto might be: "Any day above ground is a (good) day!"

working