jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is marriage a blessing or a curse?

1. aoiffe379 profile image56
    aoiffe379posted 8 years ago

Is marriage a blessing or a curse?

2. rrajput2407 profile image55
    rrajput2407posted 8 years ago

One can not live alone thoughout the life whether how much strong and wealthy he or she is. At one point of time everybody needs a partner whom with he/she share his/her love, problem and sorrow. Marriage can't be a curse at all. There may be hot words exchange between husband and wife but that is part and parcel of marriage life and it is a blessing from the God.

3. profile image55
    MysticLingerieposted 8 years ago

Most would argue both ways, but since you are most people that shouldnt matter. Marriage is a very big event in your life but if you get it wrong you just lost half your stuff lol. Anyways before deciding to tie the knot its essential to talk to the closest friends cause if they are true friends they will tell us the truth even if its not what we wanted to hear. When a marriage is rushed it turns into a curse, but when everything is thought out and there are more pros then cons then marriage ends up becoming a beautiful thing. The growing old together beautiful.

4. bassfishingguide profile image57
    bassfishingguideposted 8 years ago

Everything depends of whom you married. As well as the spouses commitment level.  There is a book that I found extremely helpful called "The five languages of Love" it's about communication styles and how you can "learn" to speak your spouse language.  In mi opinion is a must read when you are in a relationship.
    By the way I can say I am on the blessing side of the coin :-)

5. nancy_30 profile image70
    nancy_30posted 8 years ago

For me its a blessing.  Its given me two wonderful little girls.  All marriages go through rough times.  But at least your in it together and not alone.

6. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 8 years ago

I think that all depends on who you are married to.

7. meow48 profile image75
    meow48posted 7 years ago

i have seen both.  The most successful marriage seems to be when both parties realize they are a blessing to each other.  The worst are when they see each other as a curse.  It should never be taken lightly... and requires a lot of work.  So a blessed marriage is possible, just very unlikely.

working