jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Should teachers be writing "BELOW BASIC" in red ink on Childs assignments for th

1. Angel Alvarez profile image61
    Angel Alvarezposted 6 months ago

Should teachers be writing "BELOW BASIC" in red ink on Childs assignments for them to read?

This topic angers me and I am meeting with my sons school this Thursday but I want to know is it too much for me to ask if this type of grading can stop? My son can read and he sees this ALOT and not for lack of trying or studying... sad

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Your son is being graded this way for a reason- he is performing subpar for his age & grade.   I suggest that you discuss this matter w/the teacher in which she can suggest ways of improving his academic skills.   I also suggest that you spend more time in educating your child.  Parents are the primary educators of their children while teachers are the secondary educators.  You cannot abdicate your parental responsibility, leaving education solely to the teacher.

2. tamarawilhite profile image90
    tamarawilhiteposted 6 months ago

It is essentially a grade. If he's trying and still isn't up to standards, consider tutoring or testing for a learning disability.
    Hiding the fact that he's below where he needs to be doesn't help him.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 3 months agoin reply to this

+1,000,000,000,000!

working