- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
America's Best Chocolate Covered Bacon (with Pistachio Nuts) Recipe.
Chocolate Covered Bacon Is Spreading Like Wild Fires In Fine Candy Shops Every Where!
Have You Ever Tried Chocolate Covered Bacon Before?
Rate "Smoked Choco-Baco-Stachio"
- 1 lb Thick Cut Maple Bacon, Hickory Smoked
- 1 package Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tablespoon Crisco Shortening
- 1 handfull Pistachio Nuts
- 1 package Bamboo Skewers
It all begins with Thick Sliced Maple Bacon.
Thick sliced bacon.
Instructions Part One "THE RAW BACON PREP"
- Preheat oven to 375` Line your baking pan or cookie sheet with foil. (You can use a rectangular glass cooking dish if you opt. against using foil.)
- Thread each bacon strip (loosely) onto Bamboo Skewer and place each skewed strip on foil. *
- Bake at 375' for 23-27 minutes (time varies depending upon how thick your bacon slices are, and how crispy - or lack there of - you prefer your bacon to be. Just be sure your Bacon is Cooked.
- Remove from oven and place each skewered strip into a seperate pan or plate to drain fat and cool completely.
- While your bacon skewers are chillin' it is a good time to prepare your nuts. (or other desired toppings)
I used Nestle Semi Sweet in this recipe
Prepare your toppings while you are cooling your Bacon skewers.
It is best to have the topping crushed and ready before making or melting your chocolate sauce because once the sauce is heated, you will want to work quickly to paint it onto the Bacon Cuts and then sprinkle on your topping before the chocolate cools and hardens.
There are a plethora of toppings to think of. Here are a few of my favorites:
- crushed pistachios (of course)
- crushed pecans
- crushed dried cranberries
- crushed dried apricots
- crushed cayenne pepper
- crushed candy cane during winter holidays for a festive party tray.
After removing shells, I put a hand full of pistachios into my mortar (bowl) and grind the pistachios into a fine crumb consistency with my pestle.
Mortar & Pestle
Instructions Part Two "THE CHOCO SAUCE"
You will need the following kitchen utensils:
- A small Saucepan
- Pastry Brush
- Wax Paper
- Tupperware or other similar container
- A Refrigerator
On medium heat, in saucepan melt and stir together :
- 1 Tablespoon of Crisco (or other brand of Shortening)
- 1 Cup of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
Continue to stir until sauce has a cream-like consistency.
Using your pastry brush, paint your Bacon Strips with a generous amount of Chocolate Sauce on both sides.
Sprinkle your toppings.
Line your Tupperware container with Wax Paper and Refrigerate until Choco-Sauce Cools.
Using your Pastry Brush.
3 of my pistachio dusted skewers
The missing bacon skewer.
Check Out My Other Recipes
French Toast made with Ginger & Coconut Oil Recipe Here
- Organic French Toast (with Fresh Ginger and Coconut Oil).
Enjoy a subtle taste of fresh ginger in every delicate bite. French Toast made with Organic Coconut Oil. A healthy twist to an all time breakfast favorite. Read on to get the recipe.