Recipe for Chicken Salad
Ingredients for the Chicken Salad
Another Favorite Chicken Salad Recipe
A Chicken salad recipe with veggies is a general favorite for any season, and easy to make especially when you have left over chicken and veggies in the house. Chicken is similar to turkey in that you want to have an arsenal of different recipes for the leftovers. Most of us get bored using the same old-same old ingredients. Cooking to me is always an adventure in eating, and I am always willing to try new ingredients and spices. I am constantly experimenting--with mostly good results--occasionally not. Here is another chicken salad recipe that I tried recently. Hope you like it.
Ingredients for Chicken Salad
- 2 Cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 Cup Beansprouts
- 1 Cup Bokchoy, Sliced thinly
- 1 Cup Pistachio nuts, shelled and salted
- One-half Cup Red onion, Chopped
- 1 Cup Fennel, Thinly sliced
- One-half Cup Dijon mustard
- One-half Cup Low fat sour rcream
- One-quarter cup Red wine vinegar
- Two tablespoons Rosemary
- Two Garlic cloves, Finely chopped
- One teaspoon Turmeric
- One Tablespoon Lemon-pepper spice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley
- 1 Cup Goat Cheese, Crumbled
- Fresh ginger, chopped
Add fresh ginger
Instructions for Chicken Salad
- Mix al the veggies that have been chopped or sliced and set aside.
- Make the dressing; Blend the Dijon mustard with sour cream, red wine vinegar, and all the spices. Put in blender to mix all the ingredients.
- Mix the vegetables with the chopped chicken and blend thoroughly.
- Add the crumbled goat cheese and mix thoroughly.
- Add the dressing and mix all the ingredients until they are covered completely.
- Sprinkle the salad with the chopped parsley and Pistachio nuts and you have another chicken salad recipe.
More Chicken Recipes by Carol7777
- Chicken Breast Recipe: Tender, Juicy with Mushrooms
Eat your green veggies with tender chicken breasts for a totally healthy and delicious meal.
- Recipe for My Favorite Chicken Salad
A delicious salad for left over chicken. This makes a great lunch or light supper.
Make Some Chicken Salad
Some Other Chicken Salad Recipe Ideas
You can get creative with chicken salad by trying different vegetables:
- Green onions
- Cooked brussel sprouts
- Red cabbage
Try different dressings:
- Olive oil and vinegar blend
- Yogurt (for a low calorie dressing)
- Sesame oil and rice vinegar for an Oriental touch