Delicious and Easy Chicken Salad Recipes
Some of the Ingredients for Chicken Salad
Chicken Salad Recipes
Chicken salad is often a great favorite with many of us. After making a whole chicken and eating it for a few days you will want to make something creative with the left over chicken. I decidedly did not want more of the same, so I thought a chicken salad sounded really good. This salad is now dubbed our favorite chicken salad.
Ingredients for Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 Cups Left Over Chicken
- 1 Cup Chopped celery
- 1 Cup Chopped red or yellow peppers
- One-half Cup Sesame seeds
- One-half Cup Chopped green onions
- One-half Cup Black or green olives
- One-quarter Cup Capers
- One-Quarter Cup Mayonnaise
- One-quarter cup Greek style yogurt
- Romaine Lettuce Two or three leaves
- Cucumber slices, (optional)
- One teaspoon Garlic powder
- One tablespoon Basil
- One tablespoon Oregano
- One Tablespoon Seasoned Salit
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make the dressing for the chicken salad by combining the mayonnaise, yogurt and seasonings. Blend the ingredients together with a large spoon.
- Make sure all the veggies are chopped fine and mix gently with the chopped chicken.
- Pour the dressing over the chicken and gently blend together.
- Gently stir in sesame seeds, olives and capers.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
My Favorite Chicken Salad
Serve a scoop of chicken salad on two or three romaine lettuce leaves. Make sure to have some crunchy crackers or hot sourdough bread to go along with the salad.
Have Chicken Salad Today
Try these other chicken recipes
- Chicken Breast Stir Fry Recipe
Cooking stir fry chicken is fast, easy and healthful. The chicken is tender and tasty with all the fresh veggies.
- Chicken Curry Recipe with Mushrooms
Make chicken curry with mushrooms. This is a quick, easy, healthy and delicious meal.
- Easy Homemade Chicken Soup Recipe
Make this delicious easy homemade chicken soup for your entire family. Enjoy this one dish dinner and make some extra for another meal.
- Chicken and Spinach Stir Fry Recipe
Chicken is so versatile with many options for cooking. Stir fry with assorted veggies is delicious, easy to make and healthful to eat.