Ideas for Dinner: Chicken Curry Recipe
Add Lots of Mushrooms
Add healthful greens to your chicken breast recipe
Chicken Recipe with Curry and Mushrooms
Make chicken curry with mushrooms. Add some greens and other vegetables to add an extra healthful touch. The greens and vegetables absorb the wonderful curry flavor. Curry is a flavor people seem to love or totally dislike. Actually I add curry to many different dishes for extra flavor and all the healthy benefits. I always look for easy and quick ways to cook, and this curry sauce takes only minutes, and you can make it while the chicken is cooking.
Chicken Breast Browning
Some Ingredients for the Chicken and Mushrooms
Curry Chicken Breast Recipe
- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- One-half cup Grapeseed oil
- 6 cups Assorted greens of choice
- Two cups mushrooms
- One large Red Onion, Chopped
- Three Celery stalks, Chopped
- One cup Pine nuts
- One cup Low sodium chicken stock
- One tablespoon Cumin, Oregano
- One teaspoon ground chile pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Two garlic cloves
- One Cup Chopped Black Olives
- Pound the chicken breasts and cut into bite size pieces.
- Chop mushrooms in half.
- Chop garlic and onion in small pieces.
- Remove spines from greens and chop in small pieces.
- Chop the celery in small pieces.
- Brown the onion and garlic in a large frying pan. Add the chicken breasts and brown for five minutes. Remove from the stove.
- Add mushrooms and celery to oil mix. You may need more grapeseed oil. Add all seasonings and stir. Cook for two minutes.
- Add the greens to the mixture and pour in the chicken stock. Cook until the greens start to wilt. Cook until tender.
- Add the chicken, garlic and onions back to the mixture. Cook for five minutes and turn off the stove and allow to steam for 15 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Curry adds a lot of taste to Chicken
Easy Curry Sauce
One Cup of Creme Fraich
One-half cup of chicken broth (canned will work)
Two tablespoons of curry powder
One teaspoon of cayenne pepper
One teaspoon of turmeric
One teaspoon of cumin
One-quarter cup of fresh oregano
One teaspoon of garlic powder
Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Put creme fraiche and chicken broth in a small pan
- Add all the seasonings and cook for approximately 30 minutes on a low flame.
- Pour over the chicken and put back in the oven for 15 minutes for this easy curry sauce.
Serving suggestions for Chicken Curry
Keep the chicken warm until serving. Sprinkle the pine nuts over the chicken for extra flavor. Serve the chicken with whole grain pasta and cucumber salad. You can use either chicken breast or thighs, as both are tasty with curry spice.
Make Chicken Tonite
Healthy Recipes by Carol7777
- Easy and Healthy Recipe For Fried Fish in 10 minutes
Try this quick and easy fish recipe. Add your own touches and ingredients.
- Easy Curry Red Lentil, Rice Soup Recipe-In 40 Minutes
Try this fast, easy and healthy lentil and rice soup. The soup is tasty and cheap to make. You can enjoy it for lunch or dinner.
- Easy Vegetarian Soup Recipes Made From Scratch
This is a delicious and quick cooking vegetarian soup. When you make your own soup from scratch you know exactly what ingredients are in the soup.
- Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe with Homemade Croutons
Enjoy this easy caesar salad with homemade croutons. It is easy to make and so good to eat.
- Easy Vegetarian Curry Recipe
Cook a vegetarian dinner with lentils and rice. Add some curry powder for taste. This is an inexpensive, healthy and delicious dish.